The Ethical Machine will have her own lab
On the 29th of September we are finally there: My "Ethical Machine" will get her proper lab. And everyone who wants to be part of this, just needs to register for the launch event here – just follow this link. [SS1]
When we begin to develop a machine, we should have put some thought into what it is that we want to achieve. So here is the mission and definition of The Ethical Machine (finally!).
- Ethical Machines are being built with the goal to support humans in growing their talents and flourish.
- Ethical Machines are not ethical in themselves.
- Ethical Machines are "ethical" because they are built with an ethical mindset by ethical engineers.
- This is a mindset that cares for each individual user.
- It is a mindset marked by humbleness (not arrogance).
- It is a free, positive, creative and artistic mindset
- The goal of Ethical Machines is to support true human flourishing.
- For this purpose, Ethical Machines want to cater to human values.
- In being built based on values they foster human talent.
- Only cautiously they take over human tasks and only where this is in the clear interest of those replaced.
- Ethical machines strive for true progress through their excellency and quality. They maximize durability and minimize obsolescence.
- Ethical machines are flexible, openly configurable and adaptable to local contexts.
- Ethical Machines are beautiful, but not seductive.